The ANPC is working with Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria,Friends of Grampians Gariwerd – FOGGS and Australasian Native Orchid Society – Victorian Group to save the threatened Caladenia audasii from extinction, thanks to funding from the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning. Caladenia audasii has fewer than 8 plants left in the wild. So far, an exclusion fence has been constructed at one site to protect newly discovered plants from grazing, seed has been collected and sown for propagation, and plant surveys and pollinator baiting have been undertaken. In spring 2019 there will be more pollinator baiting and surveys for any new plants, before re-introducing 50 seedlings in winter 2020. Read more.
- Tickets on sale now! Seeds for the Future Forum – Sydney, Tuesday 8 October 2019, 7.45am (rego) – 4pm
- Saving the threatened Audas Spider-orchid (Caladenia audasii) from extinction
- Seeds for the Future: a one day Forum – Sydney, Tuesday 8 October 2019
- Australasian Seed Science Conference to be held in Canberra 5-9 April 2020
- Join the ANPC and receive all four editions of Australasian Plant Conservation for 2019