Help us promote and improve plant conservation in Australia!
Being a member is one of the most solid contributions you can make to our conservation work. Membership fees are an essential part of our financial base, and members and member-organisations are the lifeblood of our network.
ANPC membership entitles you to discounts and benefits. By becoming a member you will receive:
- A one-year subscription (four editions) to the ANPC’s quarterly bulletin Australasian Plant Conservation;
- Discounts to ANPC workshops, conferences and forums
- A 10% discount when giving ANPC membership as a gift*
- Tax deductible donations
Your membership fees support our projects and activities in Australian native plant conservation.
In 2023 our priorities include:
- Collaborating on the Australasian Myrtle Rust Conference 21-23 June 2023.
- Holding the online ‘Flora after Fire’ Symposium on post-fire plant recovery on 16 August.
- Planning the 14th Australasian Plant Conservation Conference to be held in SE Queensland in 2024.
- Extending our Safe Custody for Native Guava project, to disperse more ex situ collections to partner gardens, as well as trial the dispersal of 2 or 3 genetic lineages of Scrub Turpentine (Rhodamia rubescens).
- Undertaking surveys of threatened epiphytic orchids and other plant species affected by the Black Summer fires.
- Collaborating on the three-year “Raising Rarity: Preventing the extinction of Victoria’s threatened flora” project with Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria.
- Developing a five-year strategic plan for the ANPC.
- Planning for Stage 2 of the Healthy Seeds project to improve the quality and supply of native seed in NSW.
- Undertake fundraising to build on our work on the Myrtle Rust threat.
- Seeking further funding for essential projects and the ANPC Project Manager roles.
- Writing up a scientific paper on exceptional species following the Fenner Conference Day 2.
- Seeking funding to update and maintain the Australian Plant Translocation Database that the ANPC hosts for free on our website.
- Publicising and promulgating the ANPC’s Translocation Guidelines, Germplasm Guidelines and FloraBank Guidelines.
ANPC members receive a 10% discount when giving ANPC membership as a gift!
Need a Christmas present for someone who cares about our native plants? Just complete our Gift Membership Form and email it back to this email. They will receive 4 editions of Australasian Plant Conservation per calendar year as well as discounts to our workshops and conferences.
Membership/subscriptions are for a single calendar year or three calendar years. The membership fees are changing over the next few years. The new fees come into effect on 1 October of each year (e.g. 2023 prices came into effect on 1 October 2022).
|Membership Type||Membership length||2023||2024||2025|
|Community group /Small business/Library||1 year||$130||$140||$155|
HOW TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- Complete the online 2023 Membership Form. You can pay by direct debit/EFT/bank transfer (preferred), credit card (including auto-renewal), cheque, or request an invoice, by completing and returning this form. Please be sure to complete all fields.
Please note: The default subscription to Australasian Plant Conservation is now via electronic delivery. Please check the box on the Membership Form if you require a posted paper version.
- Renewing members can subscribe by direct debit/EFT/bank transfer only. There is no need to complete the online Membership Form. However, when making payment please include your membership number and surname (i.e. ID#/Surname) in the “Reference” field so we know the payment is from you. Shortly after we receive your payment we will email you a receipt.
Please make payments to:
ANPC Operating Account
BSB: 633 000
Account No: 139 397 830
Reference: Membership number/Surname
When paying by EFT/bank transfer there is also the option of making a payID payment by entering our Australian Business Number (ABN) 70861480818 instead of our BSB and account number. If you choose this option please enter your membership number and surname (i.e. ID#/Surname) in the “Reference” field so we know the payment is from you.
Contact us if you have any questions.
NEW MEMBERSHIP FEES WITH AUTO-RENEWAL
At the moment, we’re only doing auto-renewals for 1 year. If you have selected the credit card auto renewal option you will be charged at the rate relevant to the proceeding membership year and this will change as the fee structure changes.
For example, if you purchase a 1-year individual membership in November 2022 for the 2023 calendar year and select auto-renewal you will be charged $85. In November 2023 you will be charged $90 for the 2024 calendar year membership. In November 2024 you will be charged $100 for the 2025 calendar year.
You will be notified in writing when the automatic renewal transaction will take place and the amount to be charged. This date is set by the Australian Network for Plant Conservation Inc. You will be given 3 week’s notice prior to the scheduled date, if you prefer to amend or cancel the auto-renewal.
The payment is automatically charged to the credit card you used when making your initial payment. This will automatically keep your ANPC membership current each year.
How it works
- Auto renewals are processed on an annual basis, depending on your initial membership.
- You will be notified in writing when the automatic transaction will take place. This date is set by the Australian Network for Plant Conservation Inc.
- Your credit card details are stored on a secure platform with eWAY, not with the ANPC.
- You will be given 3 week’s notice prior to the scheduled date, so you can inform us if you would prefer not to have your credit card charged on the scheduled date. A receipt will be issued on completion.
The ANPC gratefully acknowledges the support of the following Corporate Members:
The ANPC also gratefully acknowledges the support of the following Small Business Members: