The Priority List recently issued by The Commonwealth Department of Agriculture is a significant step in the slow process of building greater awareness and capacity for Australia’s environmental biosecurity. The public comment period for the list, advertised in our last issue, has now closed, but the list remains available at here pending its finalisation. The ANPC’s submission on the exposure draft (30 September 2019) is available here. The ANPC is looking to bring members concerned about environmental biosecurity issues into closer contact with each other, to give us greater capacity on this side of our work. If you are interested in networking on this, please email the office with subject line ‘Enviro biosecurity’.
- Where will the seeds come from?
- Position Vacant – ANPC Treasurer
- Message from ANPC President Dr Tony Auld on the 2019/20 bushfires
- What we can do to help post-fire recovery of plants and ecological communities – Please share with your colleagues, neighbours and friends who may be in fire-affected areas
- Call for articles on plants and fire to be published in Australasian Plant Conservation in 2020