The Priority List recently issued by The Commonwealth Department of Agriculture is a significant step in the slow process of building greater awareness and capacity for Australia’s environmental biosecurity. The public comment period for the list, advertised in our last issue, has now closed, but the list remains available at here pending its finalisation. The ANPC’s submission on the exposure draft (30 September 2019) is available here. The ANPC is looking to bring members concerned about environmental biosecurity issues into closer contact with each other, to give us greater capacity on this side of our work. If you are interested in networking on this, please email the office with subject line ‘Enviro biosecurity’.
- Project Phoenix: native seed for bushfire recovery
- FloraBank Guidelines Update
- Saving the threatened Audas Spider-orchid (Caladenia audasii) from extinction
- Restoration Seed Ecology with Dr Lucy Commander – Steam Powered
- New project! Fire and Rust – Assessing the impact of Myrtle rust on fire regeneration