The ANPC is available to run workshops to showcase the new information in the latest Plant Translocation Guidelines. Based on the recently published 3rd edition of the ANPC’s ‘Guidelines for the Translocation of Threatened Plants in Australia’, translocation workshops provide a step by step guide on how to translocate plants. ANPC Project Manager Dr Lucy Commander, lead editor of the 3rd edition, is available to coordinate and lead Translocation Workshops anywhere in Australia. Three successful workshops have already been held in Canberra (Nov 2018), Perth (March 2019) and Adelaide (May 2019). The ANPC would welcome the opportunity to present a plant translocation workshop in your region. Registration fees depend on the amount of funding available (either from an institution or a successful grant application) to cover such expenses as catering, venue hire and ANPC staff time and travel. Please contact the ANPC’s Business Manager, Jo Lynch, for further information and request a quote, or to collaborate on a grant application. Read more.
- Where will the seeds come from?
- Position Vacant – ANPC Treasurer
- Message from ANPC President Dr Tony Auld on the 2019/20 bushfires
- What we can do to help post-fire recovery of plants and ecological communities – Please share with your colleagues, neighbours and friends who may be in fire-affected areas
- Call for articles on plants and fire to be published in Australasian Plant Conservation in 2020