The publication Plant Germplasm Conservation in Australia – strategies and guidelines for developing, managing and utilising ex situ collections (known as the Germplasm Guidelines) is currently being revised with grant funding from The Ian Potter Foundation. The updated Germplasm Guidelines will complement the recent revision of the Guidelines for Translocation of Threatened Plants in Australia (2018) and the current review of the Florabank Guidelines, a component of the Healthy Seeds Project (in prep.). The update is being led by ANPC Project Manager Dr Amelia Martyn Yenson. A steering committee composed of ANPC, CSIRO, Australian Seed Bank Partnership, Australian Grains Genebank, Royal Botanic Garden Sydney, Australian National Botanic Gardens, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, Australian Tree Seed Centre, Botanic Gardens Australia and New Zealand and NSW Dept of Planning, Industry and Environment representatives has been formed to oversee the project. We are currently inviting potential chapter authors and reviewers for the publication. Read more.
- DONATE TODAY and help the ANPC raise funds for native plant conservation initiatives desperately needed following the 2019-20 bushfires
- Dr Paul Gibson-Roy talks about seed supply for restoration projects
- National Volunteer Week 18 – 24 May 2020
- SAVE THE DATE! 13th Australasian Plant Conservation Conference (APCC13) – Albury NSW, 19-23 April 2021
- The ANPC’s submssion to the independent review of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999