The publication Plant Germplasm Conservation in Australia – strategies and guidelines for developing, managing and utilising ex situ collections (known as the Germplasm Guidelines) is currently being revised with grant funding from The Ian Potter Foundation. The updated Germplasm Guidelines will complement the recent revision of the Guidelines for Translocation of Threatened Plants in Australia (2018) and the current review of the Florabank Guidelines, a component of the Healthy Seeds Project (in prep.). The update is being led by ANPC Project Manager Dr Amelia Martyn Yenson. A steering committee composed of ANPC, CSIRO, Australian Seed Bank Partnership, Australian Grains Genebank, Royal Botanic Garden Sydney, Australian National Botanic Gardens, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, Australian Tree Seed Centre, Botanic Gardens Australia and New Zealand and NSW Dept of Planning, Industry and Environment representatives has been formed to oversee the project. We are currently inviting potential chapter authors and reviewers for the publication. Read more.
- APCC13 postponed to April 2022
- ANPC Annual General Meeting – Wednesday 11 November 2020, 1-2pm (AEDT)
- Dr Cathy Offord on The Year That Made Me
- Saving the brilliant sun orchid (Thelymitra mackibbinii) from extinction
- Call for submissions: Australasian Plant Conservation articles – due 1 November 2020